Advanced creative writing
Wakefield Town Hall, Wood Street, Wakefield, WF1 2HQ
Face to Face Recovery College Courses (18+)
Have you attended our basic “Creative Writing” course? Perhaps you’re already a creative writer and want to perfect those skills a bit more?
Our 6 week advanced creative writing course, facilitated by experienced story writers and poets, will build on exercises discussed in the basic course, together with practical exercises and work to practice at home between sessions. You will look at:
- Opening the story
- Linking chapters
- Expanding your knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Developing characters such as heroes/heroines and villains
- Developing your imagination
- Drafting a plot with a theme, as well as sub-plots
- Looking at the market/audience and how to attract the reader
- An introduction to writing for children
- A introduction to writing plays
- Fact vs. fiction
- An introduction to writing a detective novel.
At Wakefield Town Hall
Start dates and time
|Term Autumn/Winter||Monday||31 October 2022||10am-12pm||6 weeks|
How do I enrol?
You are not referred to the Recovery College, you can simply enrol yourself, or on behalf of someone, for any of our courses that may be of interest to you. Our courses are open to all adults and we welcome carers, supporters and professionals too.
Read our documents and policies for students after enrolling on a course.
This workshop is for people who are interested in learning about what personality disorder means and how it may affect them or somebody they care about. It will include:- An...
Baghill House Health and Wellbeing Centre, Walkergate, Pontefract, WF8 1QWView course An introduction to personality disorder