Advanced creative writing
Wakefield Town Hall, Wood Street, Wakefield, WF1 2HQ
Face to Face Recovery College Courses (18+)
Have you attended our basic “Creative Writing” course? Perhaps you’re already a creative writer and want to perfect those skills a bit more?
Our 6 week advanced creative writing course, facilitated by experienced story writers and poets, will build on exercises discussed in the basic course, together with practical exercises and work to practice at home between sessions. You will look at:
- Opening the story
- Linking chapters
- Expanding your knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Developing characters such as heroes/heroines and villains
- Developing your imagination
- Drafting a plot with a theme, as well as sub-plots
- Looking at the market/audience and how to attract the reader
- An introduction to writing for children
- A introduction to writing plays
- Fact vs. fiction
- An introduction to writing a detective novel.
At Wakefield Town Hall
Start dates and time
|31 October 2022
How do I enrol?
You are not referred to the Recovery College, you can simply enrol yourself, or on behalf of someone, for any of our courses that may be of interest to you. Our courses are open to all adults and we welcome carers, supporters and professionals too.
Read our documents and policies for students after enrolling on a course.
This workshop delivered by Red Cross, will explore tools and strategies to build resilience. You will learn to help yourself and others adapt and recover from challenges by identifying practical...View course Adapt and recover from adversity (19+)