Have you thought about volunteering?
Do you have a practical skill or interest in gardening, knitting, crafts, cooking or something else?
Do you have an experience that you would like to educate others about, perhaps in mental or physical ill health?
Do you have a desire to support and encourage others?
Then why not become a volunteer with the Wakefield Recovery and Wellbeing College!
We welcome anyone over the age of 16 who feels they have the understanding and expertise to work with and share their experiences with our students.
Being a volunteer at the Wakefield Recovery and Wellbeing College is an opportunity to boost your skills, as well as give something back if you wish. We would welcome and support anyone who would like to volunteer within the College, providing you with:
- A dedicated volunteer supervisor with a personalised volunteer placement plan to help enable and support you in volunteering
- Regular contact with the team
- Peer support from your fellow volunteers
- Flexible volunteering hours/commitments to suit you
- Reimbursement of travel and material expenses as acquired whilst carrying out your volunteering duties
- Personal and educational development and training opportunities.
If you would like to start your volunteering journey with us now, please fill out the enquiry form (making sure you specify that you are interested in volunteering with the Wakefield Recovery and Wellbeing College), click submit and a member of the team will be in touch with you shortly. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!