This informal dyslexia awareness session, offered in partnership with Managing Dyslexia, aims to provide attendees with a better awareness of what dyslexia means, help them to recognise the signs and offer support. Students will:
- Develop an understanding of dyslexia and its impact on the person
- Engage in a practical activity to demonstrate the difficulties faced by those living with dyslexia
- Recognise the signs of dyslexia
- Learn reasonable adjustments and coping strategies
- Experience a Q&A with people living with dyslexia
At Online only
Start dates and time
|Term Spring/Summer||Thursday||23 June 2022||10:30am-12:30pm||1 weeks|
How do I enrol?
You are not referred to the Recovery College, you can simply enrol yourself, or on behalf of someone, for any of our courses that may be of interest to you. Our courses are open to all adults and we welcome carers, supporters and professionals too.
Read our documents and policies for students after enrolling on a course.
This workshop, facilitated by Live Well Wakefield, will help you to: Identify what relaxation is and the benefits Identify what we could do to relax Have a go at a...View course Coping with life by using relaxation
The course, offered in conjunction with Spirit in Mind, aims to provide participants with the opportunity to explore, experience and develop 7 spiritual tools (meditation, visualisation, appreciation, listening, play, creativity,...View course Lifting your spirits; Enhancing inner strength & wellbeing