Advanced creative writing
Online only, joining details will be emailed to you upon enrolling
Have you attended our basic “Creative Writing” course? Perhaps you’re already a creative writer and want to perfect those skills a bit more?
Our 6 week advanced creative writing course, facilitated by experienced story writers and poets, will build on exercises discussed in the basic course, together with practical exercises and work to practice at home between sessions. You will look at:
- Opening the story
- Linking chapters
- Expanding your knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Developing characters such as heroes/heroines and villains
- Developing your imagination
- Drafting a plot with a theme, as well as sub-plots
- Looking at the market/audience and how to attract the reader
- An introduction to writing for children
- A introduction to writing plays
- Fact vs. fiction
- An introduction to writing a detective novel.
At Online only
Start dates and time
|Term Spring/Summer||Monday||12 April 2021||1:30pm-3:30pm||6 weeks|
How do I enrol?
You are not referred to the Recovery College, you can simply enrol yourself, or on behalf of someone, for any of our courses that may be of interest to you. Our courses are open to all adults and we welcome carers, supporters and professionals too.
Read our documents and policies for students after enrolling on a course.
Mindfulness is a skill which we can all learn. It involves an ability to become aware of what is happening in the present, moment by moment rather than being on...View course An introduction to mindfulness